Sunday 15 July 2012

3 Weeks to go!!

So...my attempts at blogging have so far been fairly poor!  One post in January and now this one in July, with only 3 weeks to go! 

Over the past 6 months I have battled with a trapped nerve in my shoulder and absolutely shit weather which would have even hindered the training of Bradley Wiggins (still in Yellow in the TDF as I blog).  However, I have managed to achieve a big ambition and cycled La Marmotte last Saturday, 7th July.


Finishing La Marmotte


I did this in 11 hours an 17 minutes which I was delighted with, and almost managed to enjoy the 8 miles of hell that is the 21 hairpins of Alpe D'Huez at the end.

I am back in Aberdeen now and starting to really think about LEJoG. I have a train ticket to Penzance (direct) for me and my bike, a rucksack to fill with as few clothes as possible and the excitement of my upcoming adventure.

I also am now doing this cycle for charity as my good friend Lynda and her children Alex and Beth have had the support of CLAN Cancer Support while her husband David battles cancer.  As of today I have raised £915 and hopefully this will increase as my journey progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment