Monday 20 August 2012

Epilogue 0f Random Thoughts and Stats!

It is Monday evening, I have been back at work today and enjoyed telling people about my adventure.  I got presented with a yellow jersey with Bradley Wiggins (with my face) pinned to it, thank you work buddies for doing that.

I came home and washed and polished Ruby, she is now sparkling clean and ready for another ride.

I missed being on the bike today and missed the company of the group.  I will most definitely do something like this again, and if anyone who did this trip wants to join in, even better.

Work was ok, it was so busy I hardly got time to think and if I start feeling stressed by work I will sit down, take a deep breath and think about our trip.  I will also make myself laugh because Rachel reckons if you pretend to laugh eventually you will actually really laugh.  However, I will only need to think of our evening in the Street Youth Hostel and that will make me laugh a lot!

I have added up a few numbers for your perusal...

Distance ridden - 998.56 miles
Total ascent - 19,994 metres (about 2.3 x Mt Everest)
Calories burned - 71,681 kcal wow!
Time in the saddle - 79 hrs 18 mins 44 seconds
Packs of Tangfastics consumed - 12 (oops!)
New facebook friends - 8 (at the moment)
Amount of money spent on WiFi - £17 - come on peeps, free WiFi is the way to go (especially the Holiday Inn!!)
Number of funny moments - too many to count, but every one of them brilliant
Number of times I cried - 3 (twice when I fell off and at the end!)
Favourite names of towns - Wormelow, Longdown and see photo below!

I will finish this blog with a quote that sums up the last two weeks

It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle. ~ Ernest Hemingway




Thank you for reading, I will finish here and hopefully start a new blog with a new adventure next year!
Janet x

2 comments:

  1. Great words to finish on Janet, and I love the statistics!! I would love to ride with you again - but not through a ford as you quite rightly point out... Sue XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm doing LEJOG with Peak Tours in May and I just read through your blog to get an idea for what to expect. Well done, sounds like you had a great time and really got into the spirit of it. Now I'm nervous, worried about the amount of training I'll be able to fit in between now and then, but very excited! http://steveq-end2end.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete