Wednesday 1 August 2012

Excited or Nervous

Today is Wednesday...I leave on Friday.  My packing is almost finished and I have managed to avoid packing 25 tops!!  I have been in touch via facebook with another girl who is doing the same tour, we have become virtual cycle buddies over the past few weeks and the closer the start gets the more we discuss.  So far we have discussed gearing, tyres, bar bags with map holding facilities, dietary requirements, gels and powders, clothing, shoes and of course Tangfastics.  I am looking forward to meeting Rachel on Saturday in Penzance.

The bike is just about ready, I am meant to be cycling today so it will need a wash, but everything else is set.  The Edinburgh Bike Co-operative is about to release its profits for the year and I feel responsible for at least half of these, I am sure they are about to reserve me a space in their funny little car park entitled "best customer"!!

Steve spent about three hours last night transferring route notes onto maps and has taken these to work today to print off for me, he reckons I'll get lost and never find my way back...I can always use blue arrow on my phone if things go wrong!!


I navigated La Marmotte Successfully!
 My above ramblings indicate butterflies in my tummy, I am excited and nervous all at the same time.  Cycling around 70 miles every day for 14 days will be tough...but I am so excited about seeing the country from south to north under my own power.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment